Saturday, December 19, 2009
Cisco AXP and XMediusFAX
Cisco and Sagem-Interstar: Creating a Complete Unified Communications Solution
Because organizations rely on fax communications as part of their day-to-day processes, they require an integrated approach to address faxing as part of a complete unified communications strategy. The Cisco Integrated Services Router plus Cisco Applications Extension Platform address the challenges associated with fax by teaming with the market leader Sagem Interstar XMediusFAX T.38 Fax over IP (FoIP) Fax Server product.
The Cisco AXP-XMediusFAX solution offers advantages such as:
• Integrates with the Cisco Integrated Services Router Series 2800 and 3800(no server required) on an Application Runtime Network Module (NME).
• Greatly reduced analog connections and traditional fax connectivity issues sometimes found in IP networks
• Significant cost reduction by eliminating dedicated analog fax circuits, equipment, maintenance costs, and supplies
• E-mail integration so Cisco Unified Communications users save time by sending and receiving faxes from their desktops
• Real-time delivery any time, anywhere to support critical business communications
• Automated faxing from enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems (for example, SAP, Siebel, and Oracle)
• Security and privacy protection for confidential fax documents
• Supports deployments of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) Version 4.2(3) and Version 6.1+
AXP-XMediusFAX is an easy-to-install, easy-to-manage fax solution whose unique value proposition includes:
• Operates within the Cisco Integrated Services Router, providing high reliability and the benefits of inherent security features like IPSec and Virtual Private Networks available with Cisco IOS
– Saves on extra servers, fax boards, rack space, and energy consumption
– Tight integration into the network infrastructure
– Provides transparent enhanced Active Directory integration for fast deployment
– Archives all fax transactions to any network storage device
– Is completely transparent to end users
• The Cisco Application Runtime Network Module provides dedicated resources for processing, memory and storage, independent of the Integrated Services Router to host Sagem-Interstar XMediusFAX.
• The Cisco Application Extensions Platform hosting environment provides the infrastructure to securely host, install, upgrade, manage and 3rd party applications and services.